Wednesday, October 3, 2012

NOTD: Making your Manicure Last Longer




      Today's Nail Of The Day's all about making your manicure/paint job last longer. When I put a color on, I kind of want it to last me a good four days…but really, who am I kidding? They barely look fresh for 3 days. Usually not only are my tips grown out but the top part of my nail or shall I say the nail bed where the cuticles are have also been chipped away.
      My approach was so that I could redo my tips in the red shade, and my nail beds with a fun glitter polish! Who can say no to glitter?



      Getting the glitter to the nail beds is pretty tricky. What I do is, when I go back to take off the excess polish on my brush I do-not rub the brush off all the way. I stop almost close to the bristle tips of the brush and pull away from the edge and lift my brush up. So that way, all my polish has now gathered onto the tip. This makes it easier to apply a slightly thin to medium coat on the nail bed. The rest is all about maneuvering your brush.
      Another easier way to go about is to get a small paintbrush or liner brush and use that to rim your nail beds. Either way will work fine.


If your wondering what colors I've used: 

**Zoya: Janice…. buy here
Sephora by O.P.I: Sparkling Personality (part of the betsy johnson collection) 
& Its on Sale!!! buy here




** Note about Zoya: If your picky about the brushes different brands have. I can honestly say Zoya has one of the best brush application ever. 


xX
Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment